Residential Treatment Facility for Adults
Located in the Leaman Center on Elwyn’s 400-acre Media campus, the Residential Treatment Facility For Adults (RTFA) at Natale is 16-bed, cottage-style intensive residential treatment program for adults with a primary diagnosis of a mental health disorder. The first-of-its-kind in Delaware County, the RTFA at Natale is a therapeutic treatment option for individuals who need stabilization and rehabilitation in a structured environment.
The program at Natale is based on recovery, rehabilitation, and education that bridge the gap in traditional mental health services. As a step-up/down solution, the RTFA at Natale is also a viable option for individuals who no longer meet inpatient criteria, but who need further treatment and stabilization before returning to community life.
All persons admitted to the RTFA at Natale receive 24 hour a day supervision with clinical interventions and psychiatric rehabilitation principals that are highly individualized and targeted to specific symptoms and/or behaviors.
The appropriate candidate for the Residential Treatment Facility for Adults will be 18 years of age or older, have a primary mental health and/or co-occurring diagnosis, (BH-IDD), (BHDNA) and does not meet criteria for inpatient hospitalization. Natale RTFA is based on the principle that all people, including those with special challenges in life, deserve opportunities to build independent and meaningful lives based on personal choices and individual goals.
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Individual behavioral assessments and planning
- Physical assessments with appropriate follow-up
- Drug and alcohol assessments and recommendations
- Comprehensive and individualized treatment planning
- Individual and group counseling
- Medication management and education
- Coordination of case management services with community providers
- Recreational therapies
- Daily living supports with housekeeping and personal needs
- Social skills training
- Discharge planning with recommendations
Referrals to the Residential Treatment Facility for Adults can be made by contacting the program at (610) 891-2334.
Leonard Thompkins, Director