Early Childhood Services at Elwyn are committed to providing quality early learning experiences for all the children and families served. Our Development Center program is based on the following principles:
- Childhood is a valued state of life.
- Families need support and will be respected for their individuality.
- Enthusiasm for learning and an early appreciation for other’s differences and abilities.
- Our work is family-centered and emphasizes the strengths and resources of each family.
The caring values we teach carry lifetime meaning in helping children learn respect, responsibility and self-worth. We provide a dynamic and nurturing environment for children, 6-weeks through 5 years of age that encourages creativity, self-discovery and independence.
Infant Toddler Early Care/Childcare Program
Integrated Preschool (Full Day)
Academic Pre-kindergarten Program (Full Day)
- Licensed by Department of Public Welfare and Department of Education as a Private Academic Nursery School
- Keystone STAR 4a Center
- Nationally Accredited by NAEYC; National Association for the Education of Young Children
- PA Certified Teachers
- Licensed and Registered Therapeutic Staff
- Licensed School Nurse
- High qualified support staff as defined by PA Department of Education
- Approved PA Early Childhood Curriculum: Creative Curriculum™, that is cross-walked with PA Early Learning Standards and PA Common Core Standards
- Approved PA Assessment and Screening Tools: Ounce ™ and Work Sampling™; DAYC; BATTELLEE and Ages and Stages, etc.
- Beautiful Scenic campus and grounds
- Specially designed Tot Lot (for infants and toddlers)
- Music Therapy – bi-weekly
- Yoga Class – bi-weekly
- Nature/Environmental Science Program – monthly
- Cooking Class/Language Based – bi-weekly
- Delco Librarian Story-time Visit – monthly
- School-wide events and celebrations
- Computers in all Preschool classrooms
- Outdoor state-of-the-art playground
The development center child care program is available year round.
Monday-Friday from 7:15 am to 6:00 pm. Five days only.
Children 6 weeks to 6 years of age are accepted for this dynamic and nurturing environment. The program follows the Creative Curriculum™ including PA state approved assessment tools.
- State child care subsidy accepted.
- Low child-teacher ratios.
- Indoor play area designed for gross-motor skill development.
- Outdoor state-of-the-art playground including a specially designed tot-lot.
- Parent participation activities and family engagement encouraged